Have a Healthier Thanksgiving
At Advanced Chiropractic Relief LLC, we are thankful for so many things this Thanksgiving, especially for the chance to help the wonderful patients we treat each day.
Americans make a big deal over holiday deals, we make an even bigger deal over holiday eating. For some Americans, the worry of fitting into their jeans after the holiday season is a huge concern. Last year, the United States spent on average 2.3 billion dollars on Thanksgiving dinner food. That’s a lot of food!
Here are some tips from Advanced Chiropractic Relief LLC to make your Thanksgiving holiday weekend healthier, enjoyable, and pain-free:
- Avoid bending directly over the oven door to lift out the turkey. Crouch and use your legs and knees for better balance. This will avoid putting all the weight-bearing stress on the lower spine.
- If you’re going for a long drive to visit friends and relatives this Thanksgiving, make sure to take a break from driving and get out of your vehicle to stretch. This helps restores normal posture and prevent a recurrence of painful neck or low back conditions.
- When loading your vehicle for the trip or from the grocery, organize your luggage, packages and goods into smaller loads, as opposed to one carrying them all in one loading.
- Adjust you car seat’s headrest, making sure that the top is no more than two inches below the top of the back your head. Make sure everyone is wearing the seat belt . Most of the estimated 20 million victims of auto accidents in America suffer from whiplash, which can easily be prevented by properly adjusting the seat headrests.
- Use the right car seat or booster seat for your children and make sure they have a head rest or a child-sized neck pillow so they don’t strain their necks falling asleep in the car. Without support, your child’s head can flop forward and sideways and affect their breathing and even cause misalignment of vertebrae.
With the long weekend, you’ll most likely spend time sitting and slouching on the couch or recliner. Try not to sleep in these position because the joints in this position may irritate the nerves and blood vessels and cause muscle spasm.
With these few simple tips from the Your Houston Chiropractor, Dr. Gregory Johnson, and his team and family wish everyone a healthy, happy chiropractic Thanksgiving holiday.
Watch Your Houston Chiropractor Thanksgiving video here.