Holistic Chiropractic Help for Diabetics
Advanced Chiropractic Relief‘s Dr. Gregory Johnson, an award-winning Chiropractor in the US, offers chiropractic care for people suffering from diabetes.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a serious health issue that is either caused by the pancreas’ inability to produce insulin or by the body’s improper use of insulin. When our body consumes food or a beverage, the digestive system begins to break them down into glucose or sugar. The sugar then goes through our bloodstream and is transferred to our body’s cells via insulin. As a result of diabetes, the sugar in the body builds up in the blood, gets separated by the kidneys and gets flushed out of the body as urine.
Common Types of Diabetes
• Type 1 Diabetes – Also known as insulin dependent diabetes or juvenile diabetes. This type of diabetes usually affects people under the age of 20. With this form, the pancreas produces very little to no insulin. There are about 1.25 million Americans suffering from type 1 diabetes.
• Type 2 Diabetes – Also known as non-insulin dependent diabetes. This occurs when the pancreas does not produce sufficient insulin levels; if the body is resistant to insulin effects; or both. This is the most common type of diabetes and there are about 29 million Americans suffering from this disease.
• Gestational Diabetes – This affects women during pregnancy. Women without diabetes before their pregnancy, may begin to have high levels of glucose during their pregnancy. This can often develop into type 2 diabetes.
Causes of Diabetes
The exact causes of diabetes are still being determined. However, below are various factors that place people at risk of being diagnosed with diabetes.
• Pancreas Dysfunction
• Nerve Damages
• Unhealthy Lifestyle
• Poor Nutrition
National Diabetes Statistics
Diabetes was the seventh leading cause of death in America in 2015 based on the 79,535 death certificates in which 252,806 certificates listed diabetes as the cause of death. Below are other important statistics for diabetes we’ve gathered from the American Diabetes Association.
• There are 30.3 million Americans, or 9.4% of the population, had diabetes in 2015.
• Approximately 1.25 million American children and adults have type 1 diabetes.
• Of the 30.3 million adults with diabetes, 23.1 million were diagnosed, and 7.2 million were undiagnosed.
• The percentage of Americans age 65 and older with diabetes remains high at 25.2%, or 12.0 million seniors (diagnosed and undiagnosed).
• About 1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes annually.
• In 2015, 84.1 million Americans age 18 and older had pre-diabetes.
• In 2015, diabetes was listed as the seventh leading cause of death in America, with 79,535 death certificates listing it as the underlying cause of death.
• An estimated 193,000 Americans under the age of 20 are diagnosed with diabetes.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help Diabetics
At Advanced Chiropractic Relief, we recommend regular chiropractic adjustments for diabetic patients. This helps establish efficient and effective communication between the nervous system and the pancreas. With chiropractic care, Dr. Johnson can help correct spine misalignment, also known as subluxation, and promote a healthy spine and nervous system, improving immune system and hormonal functions. This will allow the pancreas and all of the organs to function at optimal levels. We can also help patients suffering from diabetes with nutritional and dietary guidance and help develop customized exercise programs.
Visit Advanced Chiropractic Relief in Houston
If you are or someone you know is suffering from diabetes, visit Advanced Chiropractic Relief, a Highly Rated chiropractic center in Houston, Texas, to find out if chiropractic treatment is right for you. Dr. Gregory Johnson, Your Houston Chiropractor, has decades of experience in providing safe, effective, and all-natural chiropractic treatment. Click here to Schedule an Appointment. Our office is conveniently located at 363 N Sam Houston Pkwy E Suite 1060 Houston, Texas 77060.