Lumbar Herniated Disc Service
A lumbar herniated disc can cause severe pain. Lumbar spinal discs become herniated when their tough external coat is damaged and allows the softer, gelatinous interior of the spinal disc to push out. A lumbar herniated disc can compress adjacent nerves causing compression symptoms along the path supplied by that nerve. A lumbar herniated disc can also irritate the nerves supplying the legs.
Pain in the back of the leg is called sciatica. Sciatica can occur as a result of lumbar disc herniation. This pain is usually worsened by coughing, sneezing, or bowel evacuations. However, there is a variety of lumbar herniated disc treatments in Houston, including herniated disc chiropractic treatment.
Lumbar Herniated Disc Symptoms
These are dependent on the nerve compressed by a herniated disc and the location of the affected disc. The following are among the most common symptoms of a lumbar herniated disc:
- Lower back pain: Nerve roots from the lumbar spinal region usually supply body regions like the lower back, thighs, and buttocks. A lumbar herniated disc can compress any of these nerves, resulting in unrelenting pain.
- Paraesthesia is the medical term for sensory changes such as numbness and tingling. This is one of the most common symptoms of nerves affected by a lumbar herniated disc.
- Weakness: Muscles with impaired nerve supply become weaker over time.
Lumbar Herniated Disc Chiropractic Treatment
To get treated for a lumbar herniated disc in Houston, you need to visit Advanced Chiropractic Relief. After obtaining a thorough medical history and performing a physical exam, your Houston Chiropractor can create a chiropractic treatment plan tailored specifically for you.
One of the common chiropractic techniques used in treating lumbar herniated discs is the flexion-distraction technique. The goal of this non-invasive treatment is to decrease pressure on lumbar discs while increasing the spine’s mobility. The flexion-distraction technique makes use of repetitive movements to relax the area with the herniated disc, allowing it to function normally.
We are different from others in chiropractic treatment for lumbar herniated disc because we conduct thorough history and exam and we adjust you along the X Y Z axis and decompress your spine using the Johnson BioPhysics technique and Ring Dinger.
Benefits of Lumbar Herniated Disc Chiropractic Treatment
Some of the clinical benefits of chiropractic treatments of a lumbar herniated disc include:
- Reduces the pressure of lumbar discs on spinal nerves
- Helps to relieve stiffness
- Helps to relieve stiffness
- Improves blood flow to the lumbar spine
- Helps improve posture
- Improves spinal functionality
- Helps in the management of sensory changes from a lumbar herniated disc
- Helps to reduce sciatic symptoms
Although chiropractic adjustments do not hurt, some individuals have reported slight pain during adjustments. However, the majority of patients who undergo chiropractic adjustments experience no adverse effects and give reports only of the relief of their symptoms. The average duration of chiropractic treatment for lumbar disc herniation in Houston is about 10 days. Within this period, at least six treatments are performed.
A lumbar herniated disc can cause a lot of pain which can hamper daily life, and we’d love to ensure that you are pain-free, healthy, and happy. If you currently have any lumbar herniated disc symptoms, book an appointment today.