Chiropractor Fix Sciatic Nerve Houston, TX
One in ten persons in the United States suffers from sciatica. Sciatica occurs most often in adults between the ages of 25 and 45. The hallmark of sciatica is a sharp pain that begins in the lower back and radiates through the hip, buttock, and back of the leg. Sciatica can negatively impact the quality of life, and people with sciatica may find it difficult to move around, work, maintain their homes, or even just live their lives to the fullest.
Sciatica is a painful symptom of nerve compression that makes standing, walking, and sitting painful. Sciatica pain comes in different intensities and takes different forms but usually appears as persistent pain in one buttock that goes down the leg. Tingling or burning pain can sometimes numb or weaken the leg. Sciatica is not a condition but a symptom of a pinched sciatic nerve.
What Is Sciatica?
Sciatica Houston is a symptom of a pinched sciatic nerve and is characterized by lower back discomfort along the course of the sciatic nerve. This pathway travels down either side of the hip, buttock, and leg from the lower back, ending at the foot. Typically, sciatica only affects one side at a time. Sciatica frequently develops when the nerve is compressed by a spinal disorder such as spinal stenosis or when there is a herniated disc. As a result, the affected leg experiences swelling, numbness, stiffness, and pain.
A common problem for people with herniated or bulging discs, sciatica is identified by pain that stems from compressed sciatic nerves. The pain usually starts in the lower back and travels down to one or both legs. The pain may vary in frequency and severity or be constant. When a herniated disc compresses the sciatic nerve, it causes the nerve to swell, and pain arises in the lower body. Dr. Johnson at Advanced Chiropractic Relief LLC in Houston is an experienced chiropractor for sciatica treatment.
Common Causes Of Sciatic Nerve Compression
The symptoms of sciatica are produced by compression of the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve can be compressed in many conditions. Pregnancy and childbirth ruptured or bulging discs, lumbar spine subluxations, spinal tumors, and non-spinal conditions, including constipation or diabetes, induce sciatic nerve discomfort.
Piriformis syndrome is also another common cause of sciatica. The piriformis muscle, which is connected to the thigh bone and is situated in the lower spine region, aids with hip rotation and is located below the sciatic nerve. Slipping and falling, hip arthritis, and differences in leg length can all injure this muscle. In such circumstances, the piriformis muscle may cramp and spasm, compressing the sciatic nerve and resulting in discomfort and irritation.
Symptoms Of Sciatica
When the sciatic nerve is compressed due to herniated or bulging disc, it leads to painful symptoms such as:
- Pain concentrated on only one side of your lower body
- Sharp shooting pain along the sciatic nerve
- Numbness in your legs
- Dull aches
- Pain when standing
- Difficulty breathing
- Panic attack symptoms
Chiropractic Treatments For Sciatica in Houston
Sciatic pain chiropractic care is an effective solution for sciatica treatment. It is the best option for many patients as it is drug-free and non-invasive. Your sciatica chiropractor may suggest several therapies. These therapies can be applied independently or in combination with other treatments. Major chiropractic treatments for sciatica include:
- Adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments aids in spinal realignment, which releases restricted motion and aids in restoring the body to its natural alignment for improved and more efficient function. Additionally, chiropractic adjustments and manipulations can help ease the pain of irritated nerves, especially those brought on by sciatica.
- Ultrasound: Extremely gentle heat that penetrates deep tissue is produced using sound waves at a frequency that is inaudible to humans. This treatment promotes blood flow and helps to lessen cramping, discomfort, stiffness, and muscle spasms.
- Ice or cold therapy: This treatment can reduce inflammation and alleviate the pain from sciatica.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS): This chiropractic technique helps manage pain and lessen the recurrence of muscular spasms by using electrical currents of varying intensities.
- Chiropractic massage therapy: This technique is a powerful method of treating sciatica pain. Chiropractic massage therapy is focused on relieving and treating sciatica. Chiropractic doctors are knowledgeable about the entire musculoskeletal system and are skilled at applying pressure to relieve pain and kickstart the healing process.
Your sciatica chiropractor may include exercises and dietary advice in their sciatica treatment plan. This frequently depends on the patient’s particular requirements, the seriousness of the illness, and their way of life. Sciatica can also be treated using a variety of chiropractic treatments. Since every patient is unique, your Houston chiropractor will speak with you to learn more about your daily activities and any potential causes of your sciatic pain. Your Houston chiropractor will then handle the issue from the patient’s viewpoint, looking for the best, most efficient course of action.
Dr. Johnson at Advanced Chiropractic Relief in Houston is experienced in the treatment of people with sciatica. Chiropractic adjustments will aim to align the spine and take the pressure off the sciatic nerve for pain relief. Once the pressure is off, the body can begin to heal itself from within. Dr. Johnson will tailor a Chiropractic care plan to suit your needs for long-lasting results for you. At Advanced Chiropractic Relief LLC, our goal is to improve our patient’s health from the inside out.
Benefits Of Chiropractic Treatments
Some benefits of chiropractic treatments in the management of sciatica include:
- Drug-Free Pain Relief: Pain relief drug medications can be extremely addictive. Chiropractic care offers relief from pain without the need for addictive drugs or medications and heals the body from within, not just masking the pain.
- Reduces Inflammation: Chiropractic adjustments relieve pressure on the nervous system and help the body release anti-inflammatory substances, reducing inflammation and alleviating pain.
- Restores range of motion: Chiropractic adjustments can help mobilize your spine and restore range of motion. Dr. Johnson has the training and decades of experience to provide the highest level of chiropractic care to help you avoid long-term pain and
promote natural healing.
Sciatica can cause incapacitating pain, which affects your ability to do the things you love. With experienced professionals ready to help with your sciatica care at Advanced Chiropractic Relief in Houston, there is no reason to continue suffering from pain and discomfort. Take the first step towards a pain-free life today by contacting Advanced Houston Chiropractor to get chiropractic treatment for sciatica.